Wednesday 4 January 2012

Day 4

Well, I'm on day four of being smoke free and to be honest, it's not been that difficult.  On the craving front, it never is. I'm not sure if its because I'm a stubborn mule or because I've been busy and not been thinking about it but there has only been 3 or 4 times where I've thought 'ohh, I could just have a ciggy' and then I remember I'm a none smoker (oh yeah, you hear that? I'm a none smoker!) The one thing that is always affected when I give up smoking is my sleep. My insomnia is terrible. It takes a good while to fall asleep and then I wake up about 10ish times in the night and dream very vivid dreams. I'm on a reading week for this week and the next and will be studying at home, so while I still have to get up early, my sleep, or lack of it, isn't getting to me that much. Hopefully it will have all settled down by the time I'm back at Uni.

Overall though, I am feeling great. My appetite has come back with a vengeance though so I'm trying to do as I said and pick healthier options. That's a little difficult when we still have Christmas chocolates around but I've only nibbled on one or two... honest! The best thing to come from this is waking up. I have been jumping out of bed every morning, instead of hitting the snooze button as I don't feel sluggish. I look forward to my  day ahead instead of thinking when is it bedtime. Oh yeah, being smoke free is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment