Wednesday 11 January 2012

Things happen for a reason?

I've spent whole day studying today and I still feel no closer to completion. I have 3 assignments due in on Friday and I have only 1.5 completed. EEK! It didn't help that my internet went down earlier, Damn you Virgin Media!
Despite being stopped mid flow into my work, I did make good use of my time away from the books. I decided to stop using the treadmill as a clothes rail get my treadmill out and start getting my butt into gear for a bit of exercise. I have been thinking about running/walking for the past few weeks so it was about time I put it into practice. I bought my treadmill, brand new, about two years ago and I think it's only been used about 3 times. I also have an exercise bike, stepper, mini trampoline and exercise ball... can you see where I'm going with this...
Well I’m only taking it slow at the moment as I’m so unfit. I mean really slowly, 10 minutes and I was done. It took me 9 minutes to walk, jog and run half a mile! I then walked for 2 minutes before I finished, to warm down a little but  once I got off, my legs went to jelly, I felt a little nauseous and I could feel my pulse beating in my head… not good... but a pint of water later and I was hunky dory. So I think I’ll start with 10 minutes a couple of times a week and see where I go from there.
Maybe I should thank Virgin Media after all?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your work and exercise!! I really need to start getting fit again too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to run three times a week and now I'm too lazy to do it. I walk to my office everyday for half an hour so I guess that counts as exercise :-) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't exercised since college hehe and your post really makes me think I should get my groove on. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete