Sunday 8 January 2012

Week 1 complete

Well I've done a whole week without cigarettes and I feel quite pleased about that. It was touch and go at one point yesterday but I stuck it out and vowed I was never going to smoke again. Ever!

Remember when I mentioned the other day about not gaining weight quickly, well forget it, my eating hasn't stopped  and I've gained 2 lbs in one week! I really need to knock that on the head. I'm not helping myself by making a batch of puff pastry this afternoon. I decided to have the day off from studying and ended up cooking instead. It's a vicious circle.

The puff pastry wasn't my best. I'm not sure if it's because I rolled it out too thin or because I used cheap butter but it didn't puff up even half as much as it usually does. I usually buy better quality butter but the pennies are disappearing this month.

Apple Puffs

They tasted so good, even though they look a little flat. The trouble is, I have loads of pastry left so I think I will have to make some more for the kiddies tomorrow, they do need fattening up after all.

1 comment:

  1. haha Kids will always need to be fattened up. haha
    This looks so delicious!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete